Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

As with many others, I purchased a HP ENVY printer with the 5 month free trial of Instant Ink. Also as with many others, I did not receive any claim code or promo code in the box - there is a flyer in the box which specifically states a 5 month free trial, but there is no code on it or any other paperwork in the box.  I purchased my printer on 3/2/19 and registered with HP Instant Ink on 3/2/19.

Please advise how I should proceed?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@WHierman,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

could you help me with the screenshot, from where you got the information about the free trial. As this will help me in further assisting you.

Let me explain how to get HP Instant ink free trial.

When you buy a new printer and set it up either at 123.hp.com or using the HP Smart app, you are offered a free trial of Instant Ink. The number of free months depends on the offer at the time and the country of enrollment. You must take advantage of this offer within 7 days. There is no special code and the free months are automatically applied to your account. After 7 days, the free trial offer expires. To confirm that you received your free months, check the message on the Confirmation page just before you enroll, or sign into your account page at Instantink.com and find the free months under My Account > My Plan. Free trial months are not offered when you sign up at Instantink.com – only at 123.hp.com and the HP Smart app. Remember to take advantage of the free trial offer while you are setting up your printer!

As the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@WHierman 

Thanks for sending the info so I could look up your account.  It looks like you signed up for the 15 pages plan which is a free printing plan up to 15 pages.  Because your plan is already free there is no offer for free month trial.   If you were to sign up for one of the paid plans then you would have received the free trial.  The good thing is that you already are on a free plan!!!

If you would like to upgrade to a paid plan and get the 5 months free, you can do this on your account page by signing in at HPInstantink.com and go to "change plan" on the right side under MY Account, My Plan and then just send me a message here and I'll apply 5 free months for you.   However, once you upgrade to a paid plan you are not able to go back to the 15 page free plan.  This is a limited offer at time of sign up only.

Hope this helps.

JillSa

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

I upgraded to a paid plan.  

HP Recommended

@WHierman 

Awesome!  I went ahead and applied 5 free months to your account.  Being that you are on the 50 page plan you will be able to print 50 pages per month free for 5 months.   Any printed pages over 50 per month will be $1 for a block of 10.

However, I noticed that your printer is offline and hasn't connected to the service yet.  You will need to get the printer connected which will take some time.  I would suggest contacting HP support to walk you through this process so you don't have any interruptions in printing with the Instant Ink cartridges.

Here is a link to WW support:

Choose your country and language and hit show options:  

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Instant-Ink-series/5264756/model/5401249

Hope you enjoy the service!

JillSa

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Hello, I have the similar problem. I signed up a paid plan when I register, however I want to downgrade to the freeplan after my trial. Is there any possible way to do it? Could I cancel my subscription before trial finish and re enrol with a free plan? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.