Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have the same printer with the same issues.  I can't turn it off by pressing the power button or by holding the power button for several seconds.  The only way is to unplug it.  Then it makes me print a printer information page before I am able to print (waste of ink).  This time it still will not print.  I have tried both from my desktop and my phone.  I ran the scan doctor which said it corrected some issues.  The file in from my desktop said printing and cleared but nothing ever printed.  This printer is rarely used and only a few months old. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@DeeDee77

Welcome to the HP support community.

Are you getting any error messages?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was not getting any errors at the time.  I ran the Doctor a few days ago.  It updated, printed the 1500th printer information page, one page I had in the queue then stopped again.  Today it lost network connection again.  It will not power off so I have to unplug it.  After that, it said it had issues with the printer ink cartridges which were showing to be full and should be as I have printed very little other than the constant printer information pages.  I removed/reinstalled the cartridges.  Then it showed no ink.  I powered off (first time ever it has allowed me to power off).  After powering back on it printed ....you got it...another printer information page.  It shows the ink levels as full but blinking with an ! mark.  It removed the page I had in the queue.  I resent the document.  The printer carriage moved then stopped.   Document shows status as printing but nothing is happening.  Power button, "I", and ink cartridge indicators are all blinking.

This printer is not worth the constant frustrations.  Is there a warranty?

HP Recommended

So it seems I finally found the problem.  I installed the ink cartridges that I received via HP Instant Ink.  I am no longer enrolled in Instant Ink.  Therefore, according to the HP Smart message, "This cartridge can only be used in a printer that is currently enrolled in HP Instant Ink.  If you believe your printer should accept this cartridge, please contact HP Instant Ink Support."  Really?  Talk about overreach and control. 

Again, Is there a warranty?  I would simply like a refund. 

HP Recommended

this is the lamest printer ever!  It doesn't work for anyone!!!

HP Recommended

So I signed up for HP Instant Ink so I could print.  No dice.  Just removed one roadblock for another.  Everything looks fine on the printer.  Print job sitting in the queue with status "Printing" but nothing is happening....and it's been 30 minutes. 

Please just give me a refund and allow me out of this madness.  

HP Recommended

@DeeDee77

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.