cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Katrv10
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: HP OfficeJet 3830 will not print in color all of a sudden

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi KUMAR0307,

My printer is installed, and listed in the devices and printers. The tabs you mentioned do have the advanced button, however, the color/black and white is not an option in any of the pull down menus, I tried them all on the chance it would be there. 

An HP support personnel helped me reinstall the printer app on my HP desktop because the instructions for the initial installation malfunctioned, he said that happens with it some times.  At any rate, I am still not getting color, and as you can see from the image below, there is plenty of both colors of ink.  I am so over it, but don't want to bother support if I don't have to.  😑

I am operating in Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion Desktop

Kat.

PS-It prints in color from my phone. It has to be a setting on the desktop.

Katrv10_0-1615071880846.png

1 REPLY 1
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,410 6,384 513 1,113
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Kindly try the below steps that should resolve the issue..
If printer is connected using Wireless perform the below steps.
goto Control Panel > Devices and Printer > Add a Printer.
in the window displayed, select "Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname" and then click NEXT
Select "Create a new port - "Standard TCP/IP port" and then click NEXT
Now type in the printer's IP address under "Hostname or IP address" box, then click on the NEXT button. "Detecting TCP/IP" would start.
After which click the NEXT button and then in the next window under "Manufacturer" select HP, and then from right pane, select " HP Office Jet 3830" and click NEXT.
And then follow the on screen instructions to complete the process.
Now open the document you want to print, under PRINT drop-down select the printer that was installed using the above steps. And now click the PRINT button to start to print

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation