Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Just to confuse things: I switched printers with my mom last night. So far, no blue screens at either location -- 18 hours so far...

Both printers are up to date on their firmware and both are ethernet connected to the local network. Both have Win 10 computers, but mother's location has only two where I have three with a couple of Apple machines. My Ubuntu computers are not connected right now.

HP Recommended

This may be the last post on this subject. For two days with the printers switched, there were no blue screens. I switched them back again yesterday, so as best I can tell, I am back to the original arrangement AND no blue screens so far...

HP Recommended

I reported the same exact issue yesterday.

I had already done the unplug, wait, replug... as well as verifying that firmware was up to date.

That is the only to clear the issue and seems to be an issue HP needs to apply a lot more attention to.

HP,  just what does the 0xb305dff9 error code mean?

That would go a long way to addressing the problem we are encountering with our HP printers.

HK
HP Recommended

I spoke too soon. Blue screens started Sunday afternoon and so far six in the last 24 hours.

So: blue screens started about three weeks ago. My mother with the same printer does not have a problem. Switching printers for two days had no blue screens. Switching them back to original configurations had no blue screens for two days. Yesterday started blue screens again. Mom has never had a blue screen on her printer. 

I forced all my Win 10 machines to delete their connections to the pinter and rebuild the connections -- still had blue screens.

Scratching my head...

Specifically: Officejet Pro 9010, three Win 10 computers, occasionally a Mac and Macbook, the Ubuntu machines are off the network. Printer has the sam B305DFF9 error message each time and powering off and on by pulling the power plug is the only way to reset the printer. 

HP Recommended

Hi @dklaskowski,

I'd like to help!

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I've been having this exact problem ever since the last firmware version update 2021-01-15. Before this update, printer worked flawlessly! I've tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling the software. This error occurs intermittently with NO warnings! I disconnect the printer, reconnect, and sometimes I'm able to use the printer all day with no further problems. Next day, the error might occur often throughout the day. I have the printer scheduled to turn off at 8PM and on at 8AM. Does anyone have an answer for this problem?  Could it be that the firmware update is faulty?

HP Recommended

Mine is a HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 same here

HP Recommended

Hi @Jim_Ch, @Erro1,

I'd like to help!

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Like everyone is stating, my printer has had this error message for a few weeks.  I cannot press the power button to turn off the printer so I must disconnect the power from the back.  

I have left it unplugged for 24 hours and the error msg reappears within minutes to powering it up.  If I am quick enough when I power it up, I am able to print one single print-job before it goes back to the error. 

Please help!  What is the factory reset that I saw mentioned in this string?  I cannot be without my printer.  

HP Recommended

Hi @LBroskey,

I'd like to help!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.