Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have tried unplugging the printer for a while and it cures the problem for a short while but the blue screen and error B305DFF9 quickly comes back.

I've checked that my firmware is up to date and it is.

What next?

HP Recommended

OFFICE JET 9025

HP Recommended

How do I rest my printer. I am having the same issue that has only increased in frequency> I too must unplug/replug with each printing job. 

HP Recommended

I've unplugged countless times.  I've reset the modem.  This problem started this week, and it's making me nuts!  HELP!!!  How do you do a factory reset -- if indeed, this will fix the problem?  I've walked through every screen that I can find on the printer -- when it isn't flashing blue and white lights, that is.  

HP Recommended

i HAVE SAME PROBLEM ON HP 9025  Error code shows up every 1/2 hour. 

HP Recommended

The partial printer reset seems to have worked. I noted that per the instructions re pressing return switch 4 times didn’t bring up the reset screen. Pressing/holding once did.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, except my printer is connected via Wi-Fi. I have re-booted several times, changed the plug location and installed new Insta-Ink cartridges even thou I haven't used up the cartridges that came with the printer. I cannot correct the blue screen with error code B305DFF9. I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 9025.

HP Recommended

I have the same error and same problem, would like instructions for a factory reset please. HP9020 on a Mac wireless network.

Thanks,

Fred

HP Recommended

I am also repeatedly getting error B305DFF9. I have to unplug it every time I want to print. I have HP printer model 2015. Please send me reset instructions.

HP Recommended

HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH BLUE SCREEN AND ERROR CODE MENTIONED.  JUST DID THE UPLUGGING, WAITING AND REPLUGGLING.  

HOW DO I DO A FACTORY RESET?  I HAVE A MAC RUNNING BIG SUR 11.4 AND JUST DID A CHECK OF FIRMWARE AND IT'S UP TO DATE.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.