Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I think I got it now also

HP Recommended

Hi, I basically followed Iron Badger's suggestion of a complete uninstall then reinstalling my printer.  I did it from scratch and now, when I print out, there's no threat of Malware damaging my computer! I did not need to disconnect WIFI, but I did need to recognise that the malware was in my printer, not my computer.  

Hope you manage it and thank you, Iron Badger! 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I did it and it worked!  Thank you Beuno and Iron Badger.  

HP Recommended

I used the HP Uninstaller to remove printer/software, then HP Easy Start. Nothing worked. Now I am getting a message "waiting for printer to be available". As usual,  HP products that work for an indeterminate amount of time and then crap out for *insert HP reason here*.   This printer was working fine until you magically asked Apple to deauth your driver signatures.

HP Recommended

Thank you Ironbadger for that message. I actually did try as you suggested - twice. I uninstalled and then installed the updated software from the HP website that was listed as new just the previous day. I tried that several days ago. I thought it would fix the issue but it did not. The iMac also had an update for fixes to Catalina, since many had this issue after updating to Catalina, I thought perhaps that might help so after this update I uninstalled all the HP software again and reinstalled  - again no fix and still could not print. I suppose I will try again. My printer is much older than everyone else on here that I have seen with the same issue. I have a B210e All in One Printer and Scanner which worked fine until this software bug. Thanks all for the suggestions. I find it especially annoying because I had just bought new printer ink and it's quite pricy and I can't even print. So wasted time and money! Perhaps HP aren't going to fix this issue for printers as old as mine and won't issue an update that will work for me. Perhaps I just have to buy a printer of another brand

HP Recommended

It is a disgrace.  HP hide behind a virtual assistant and let their customers go round and round they ruseless website "support" page.  Never again HP.  Disgrace.  Guess you don't bother reading this stuff????

HP Recommended

Ironbadger, I would love it if that was the reason but I can confirm that all my software is up to date on my Mac. I have been trying for nearly three weeks. I have updated the software not only on my Mac but have used the latest software update available on the HP site that was dated Nov. 12. There is a problem in the software program as nothing works at all NOTHING!!

HP Recommended

I have this same problem with a brand new iMAC. Have deleted printer multiple times and gone through uninstall multiple times and always comes back to the "Waiting for printer to become available" message.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!!

I had tried everything. Over a few days!

In the end, just changing the name of the HP folder to HP2 as you suggested did the trick.

It prompted my printer to download 1 more extra file that was apparently missing (even though I'd done all the downloading as suggested) and it works. 

HP Recommended

Hi everyone, 

I honestly can't remember how I solved this problem beyond uninstalling everything.  However, several weeks later, I've no problem, no malware notifications and my HP printer does what I want it to do.  Giving a new name seems to be a positive suggestion, HP2 instead of just HP, but I didn't suggest this, I don't think! But worth a try.  Sorry, I'm not terribly computer literate, but I'm learning! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.