Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
IMac
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I recently installed Catalina on my iMac and now cannot print anything from my HP Laserjet Pro MFPM127fw or my Laserjet Pro 200 Colour M251nw. Error message is "stopped can't open/private/VAR/spool/cups/tmp/003455f9787f6 could not be opened". Have tried redownloading drivers with no success. Phoned up Apple helpline and they suggested that it's a problem with the printers and need to contact HP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The solution is to download (and install) this package (From HP FTP) which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...
The install takes a bit. Let it run, even if it seems like it stalled out!

It is NOT the same as the driver package, Easy Start, or Easy Admin other people are recommending.

If the link comes up blank, try right clicking and saving it. If you install this package and still have trouble, try restarting. Then go about uninstalling your printer and reinstalling USING THIS METHOD ONLY: Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Then restart your computer. 

If you still can't find the printer, install the 5.1 driver package from HP: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US

Then restart and try to install again through the Printers & Scanners menu.

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The solution is to download (and install) this package (From HP FTP) which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...
The install takes a bit. Let it run, even if it seems like it stalled out!

It is NOT the same as the driver package, Easy Start, or Easy Admin other people are recommending.

If the link comes up blank, try right clicking and saving it. If you install this package and still have trouble, try restarting. Then go about uninstalling your printer and reinstalling USING THIS METHOD ONLY: Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Then restart your computer. 

If you still can't find the printer, install the 5.1 driver package from HP: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US

Then restart and try to install again through the Printers & Scanners menu.

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!

HP Recommended

Absolutely brilliant - thank you! It's now working perfectly!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.