Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I installed an new black and white hp ink cartridge in my deskjet 2630 - after it went thru the cycle the red information light came on. I pressed and it printed out a Printer Alignment Sheet which said to then scan it. I’ve done that twice now and the light does not go out. 

Please advise
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI Firstwiz,

Thanks for sharing this information and I am glad you had finally resolved this issue. Hope you continue to support HP printing and enjoy better customer experience in the future. cheers

I'm a HP employee and speaking for myself. I may not be the expert of all topics but try my best to share. Please send me a Kudos if my information help to solve your problem,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hope to provide some path to help you identify your issue after changing both Color and Black cartridges. 

Please refer to this link : https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/167793...

and scoll down to "One or both empty ink level icons blink, the Error icon blinks, and the Ink Alert light is on or bli..."?

May want to try install back the previous color and black cartridge to see whether the same informaton button light go away as well. If happen the Information button go away, do ensure you have geniune HP ink cartridge in your printer.

Also verify is Wifi button light blinking together with this Information button. If these 2 button light turn on, please refer to troubleshooting guide http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05439290 page 100 for instruction. Thanks 

I'm a HP employee and speaking for myself. I may not be the expert of all topics but try my best to share. Please send me a Kudos if my information help to solve your problem,
HP Recommended

I have HP cartridge - wifi is solid and working - red information light is solid, not blinking - still on

HP Recommended

There is possibilty the printer is indicating error message from those alignment page after scanned.  Do ensure your print out Alignment page is facing the scanner glass with the leading edge against indicater corner of the scanner. Refer to photo attach.  

Use these tips to help complete the alignment or remove the message.
  • Use clean white paper: Make sure the printer is loaded with unused, clean white paper, and then retry alignment.
  • Scan page if required: If your printer has a scanner, you might see instructions on the alignment page to place the page on the scanner bed and press Scan. Follow the instructions on the alignment page to complete the scan.
  • Choose 'Skip' to continue printing: If the 'Alignment Unsuccessful' message cannot be resolved, and you see a Skip button, you can choose to continue printing without alignment. Print quality might be affected.

Refer to this link https://support.hp.com/sg-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/167793... with more steps to help you.

Do you mind try to put back those old color and black cartridge and did the information button light turn off? If information still remain solid after performing above step, try to contact HP support in your region.

Hope above information help you rule out the error that you face after replacing new HP geniune cartridge.

HP Recommended

Tried all suggestions and none worked so I accessed the HP chat - after working with the tech for some time he finally figured out the problem. I had signed up for Instant Ink but had not yet received my first delivery. Since I was using a store bought ink cartridge it was causing the light to stay on. Looking forward to my first delivery. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

HP Recommended

HI Firstwiz,

Thanks for sharing this information and I am glad you had finally resolved this issue. Hope you continue to support HP printing and enjoy better customer experience in the future. cheers

HP Recommended

Yes, thank you so much because I to had the red information light on and didn't know why. like you I have just bought shop inks because I had ran out of ink.  I also signed up to the instant ink on the same day.  So when the instant ink arrives and installed this red information light will go off.........hopefully.  Many thanks x

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.