cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Yannek
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Regionalization Error

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - N911
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Amazon dealer accidently sent Z20 cartridges and after installing them, unit switched to Z20 instead of normal Z10. Cartridges are out of ink and I get error message that new Z20's must be installed.  However, I went to Staples and purchased a full set of Z10 and when installed am told they are not designed for this printer.

I want Z10 use back but cannot contact HP on any level and assume the paying response is outsourced overseas and that can be problematic.

I use "Genuine" HP products, paper, ink, printer because I am completely satisfied with the output quality. No jams in entire time I have owned.  

I know how to reach the secret support menu to change to Z10 BUT cannot do so with the Z20's out of ink and with no replacement Z20's.   Do I toss the printer and buy a new one?  This is the best printer I have ever used but if there is no solution, I will have to move on to another manufacturer with, hopefully, more caring for the consumer.  I use "Genuine" products because I trust they work as intended and have always used them.  

I feel the company is less interested in honest consumers than the few who might purchase "bootleg ink."  Does anyone have a solution?  I have deadlines and am running out of time for a response.  I genuinely dislike tossing this printer out as others have from what I am reading online.  Sad situation.

1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,583 32,162 5,524 13,003
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You should contact HP support to reset the printer to your current region, a such will be available without any fee due to your ink cartridges warranty.

Please follow these steps to Disputre the warranty by providing your device information, then select Cartridges in Warranty and you will get back the details to contact HP once your query will be verified:

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c05084516

Then contact HP Support and a support representative will gather some information and provide you with the steps to reset the printer to accept Z10 cartridges (Assuming you are located in United Stated or Canada).

As a reference see below document:

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c02558798

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation