Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6510
macOS 10.15 Catalina

A while back, I accidentally the end of the USB wire for my HP Photosmart 6510 printer.  So I went to Best Buy, and they told me that I would have to buy a new wire.  Which I did; I bought an Insignia(TM) USB 2.0 A to B Cable to replace the damaged wire.  I went home, replaced the wire, and tried to print a document off of Word.  When I did so, it brought up these error messages:  "

1)  “Inkjet8.driver” will damage your computer.  This file was downloaded on an unknown date.  Report malware to apple to protect other users."  2) ""HPDM.framework” will damage your computer.  This file was downloaded on an unknown date.  Report malware to apple to protect other users."  

What can I do?  How do I get my computer to recognize that it's just the same old printer with a different wire?  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

An update:

After reading this message"  "Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: "HPxxxxx.framework" will damage your computer" message in macOS Catalina or Mojave ."

I went and updated my version of the macOS from the Catalina to the "Big Sur 11.1" version.  The good news: "Big Sur" is a much sleeker-looking operating system.  Bad news: it hasn't fixed the problem with my printer AT ALL.  My computer STILL thinks my printer is malware!  Any advice would be appreciated!  

HP Recommended

Hi @MrLouisB,

I'd like to help!

HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer driver for macOS 11 is not available from the HP website.

Add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue

Confirm you are using AirPrint by adding the printer in System Preferences.

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign  to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed in the Add Printer or Scanner window, go to the Frequently asked questions in this document to resolve connection issues, try to add the printer again, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.