cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Replaced ink error wont go away

HP Recommended

i have replaced my ink cartridge with a new original hp. I put it into printer it still says its empty. I did the whole unplug thing several times. Also did the hold the power button and the cancel button. It then printed a page showed i had ink. 2 sec later light is flashing again and says i need ink. Im so frustrated. Help

1 REPLY 1
Level 13
Level 13
6,393 6,365 510 1,097
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please try Cleaning the electrical contacts on the cartridge, that should fix the issue.

Below is the URL to the document that should guide you in cleaning the cartridge contacts.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/document/c05... 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation