Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First of all, few weeks ago my Envy 110 started showing an error message that there was a carriage jam.  This came and went seemingly randomly a few times, after opening the lid it would fix it.  Then adter about a week it became a permanant error.

Today, I just happened to be messing around with it and accidentally turned it on upside down.  For some reason this caused it to start up without the carriage jam error.  I clicked the copy button to test it and the copy came out with no problems.  I also printed from my computer which also worked.

I thought it was fixed until suddenly the next error was that my color ink cartridge was damaged.  After removing it and putting it back that error went away, but then it showed an error for the scanner component.  It said to turn it off and back on and if it does not go away the scanner component is broken.

I tried a hard reset like from other questions for all these problems and it did not solve this issue.  Im guessing these errors aren't a coincidence and probably false flags with the system.  Any ideas on what to try would be appreciated, but I also just wanted to give feedback on this and maybe let other users know that starting it upside down may fix a carriage jam error for some reason, but even still there could be a deeper flaw. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.