Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer series
Linux

The HP web page asks for my product serial number for everything I need to do.  If My officejet 3830 has a serial number they sure hid it well.  The recommend several places to look but none panned out.  Does anyone know where it is.  Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @skeenon,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that you are in need of support.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

On the back of the printer, there is a barcode sticker, you can find the serial number on same barcode sticker.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

The serial number isn't there on this one.  Thanks anyhow

HP Recommended

@skeenon

You're welcome. 🙂

As @Raj1788 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

Ideally, the HP websites should not ask for the printer's serial number again and again. The HP website will ask for the printer model number in case you want to locate the drivers, troubleshooting document, etc. for the printer. 

You may try using a different web browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc. and give it a try.

This link will help you to find the printer model no: https://youtu.be/viuSH3xK7VI

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello,

Find product and serial numbers for HP PCs, printers, and accessories 

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.