Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6020 All-in-One Printer

Since replacing my ink cartridges and trying to print a document i have an E4 paper jam error. There is no paper and the cartrideges move freely by hand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jaxmif
Thank you for replying to us.

The E3 error is a carriage jam error.
Please follow the steps from this document for carriage jam.

Let me know if this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Jaxmif
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing paper jam issues with your HP ENVY 6020 All-In-One Printer.

Please follow the steps from this document.

Let me know if this works.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your response Rainbow23. Perhaps i should have elaborated. There is no paper jam that i can see. I have tried resetting and some other steps. My warranty has expired and i don't really fancy paying 20 quid for customer support. TRhe printer sounds like it isn't accepting the paper and the rollers are just making noise so i guess something must have got misaligned. I guess i'll have to bin it as its currently useless and not really important as i only use it for amazon return slips.

HP Recommended

Hi @Jaxmif

This could be a hardware issue with the unit and may need repair.

You may contact HP Service Center in your location from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/service-center 
Note: Select your country from the dropdown,  enter the city or postal code, select the product, change the radius, and click on search to locate the nearest HP Service center near your location.

Hope this helps.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow23. Scratch that i looked at the video and there was actually paper jammed which i have now removed. However i am now getting an E3 error with the corner amber light flashing, is this a carriage or ink problem?

HP Recommended

Hi @Jaxmif

The E3 error is a carriage jam error.
Please follow the steps from this document for carriage jam.

Let me know if this helps.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Rainbow23 i owe you a pint

HP Recommended

Hi @Jaxmif

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.