Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500

I couldn't find a way to reply to the original post I read about this so I am starting a new thread. (Mods, feel free to move this if need be.) I recently had this issue with my Envy 4500, of photos only printing about half of the image and ran across a few posts on here while trying to figure out why this was happening. My printer had only been lightly used and printed everything else fine, only giving me issues when trying to print photos. Well, I never found a solution in the threads here, but stumbled across a fix that worked for me, maybe it will help some one else having the same problem.

Believe it or not it was as simple as switching to a lighter weight photo paper!!! When using photo paper of 297g/m weight I had this issue with every photo, out of curiosity, and maybe dumb luck, I switched to 260g/m weight paper and haven't had any issues since. My photos have been printing beautifully! Not sure why the heavier weight paper throws it off like that, but that does indeed seem to be the problem. At least in my case anyway.

Hope this helps someone, better than buying a new printer!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.