Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Color laser jet pro mfp m281fwd
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

My printer updated and now it's saying supply problem with pictures of the ink jets. I have already turned it off and on. I've unplugged it and waited 60 seconds and plug it back up. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do about it.. the ink jets were already in there before the update and they are new and full.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

me too! any fix yet form HP?

HP Recommended

I’m having the same problem too.

I’ve turned it off and on. Reset factory settings, replaced a cartridge and still the same “Supply Problem” Message. This is so frustrating. I have important work I need to print. 

HP Recommended

This sounds suspiciously like HP trying ensure we pay too much and buy HP genuine products.  Shame on you HP.  We are in the middle of a pandemic and people's incomes are affected here.  What is going on?  Wait until the press hears about this.  HP the Grinch that ruined Christmas!  Maybe you guys will listen on Social Media.

HP Recommended

Hp is making you buy HP ink or toners because of the update. So if you can don't update your printer. So my print laser jet is 2 years old and my warranty expired so you can't even talk to a hp unless your warranty is good. So instead of me paying $300 of dollars for new toner I went and bought a Epson refillable printer where all I have to do is buy the bottles to refill it the printer was $200 and the bottles are $20. And now I'm going to wait until another third party makes the toner with the update on it. 

HP Recommended

I've talked to best buy geek squad, samples employee, other people comments. They said if you buy HP ink or toners is should work, but not guaranteed. So have a LaserJet and HP toner for us will cost for $300 so I bought a new printer about an Epson refillable tank for $200 and the bottles to refill it is 20 bucks. I'm just going to wait until another third party company makes toner that will go in my printer The geek squad and Staples said it should take about a year or less. There's no way that I'm buying HP toner... I paid $300 for the printer there ain't no way I'm putting $300 into toner

HP Recommended

HP we would all appreciate a response!  Why won’t you let us talk to a live person. I’ve always loved HP products but You will loose my business. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Deut306 , @brittking12334 , @Pseudoscholar , @jenzp ,

Please try the below steps in the order as mentioned ...

1. Disconnect the printer from the NETWORK
    1. If on wired network : Unplug the  Ethernet cable from back of the printer.
    2. If on wireless network : Power of the Wireless router.
  2. Turn off the printer. Wait for 30 seconds.
  3. Turn on the printer.  If the printer is in READY state, go to Setup -> Network Setup -> Network Services -> IPv6 -> Off.
  4. Turn off the printer. Wait for 30 seconds and then turn on. Try printing , it should work.
Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

The fix is to downgrade your firmware. Just search on YouTube how to downgrade firmware on HP Laserjet. I did it and it worked for me. You need to hardwire the printer to a computer for it to work. HP won't fix it because it was intentional. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion...but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.