Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Supply problem

HP Recommended
HP laserjet pro mfp m180mw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can somone know how to overturn recent HP "update" which causing problem indicated as "supply problem". It happend after recent November update.  It blocks using aftermarket cartridges and unable printer to print or connect to wifi.  I research online and it seems like it is HP intentional push to buy their original toners. 

My Laserjet Pro MFP M180nw - $400 - printer became usless brick. Buying new cartridges for over $200 from HP not even knowing if it solve the issue?   It s not going to happen.

Hp is known from doing similar action in the past.

Is Hp action to pushing update preventing or rather disabling printer which using other then original cartridges is legal overall? Is it not "steering" to buying their own cartridges?

I would love to join class action lawsuite if you know any in this matter.:)

I know one thing for sure. If I dont fix it  or they dont undoing it  in next few day I m done with any HP products and never buy any again. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation