Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 6230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an Envy Photo 6230 today as I needed to do some urgent printing and my old printer had given up.

As part of the set-up, I created my InstantInk account but unfortunately, after initially telling me there was no black cartridge installed when there clearly was, from the very first print the black was awful and got worse each time to the point where even printing the Print Report from the printers touchscreen no longer prints any black at all. 5 hours later having tried every single solution in the forums (including uninstalling and re-installing, all the maintenance tools and cleaning either side of the cartridge print head), now with two half empty cartridges and half a ream of paper wasted, it is back in the box ready to return tomorrow.

If I take the easiest (and clearly riskiest given other posts on here about black ink issues) option of just swapping for another 6230 how will I go about changing my InstantInk account to be set up for the new printer? Also if I have the same issue with the replacement printer and choose to go with another manufacturer, how do I make sure the account is cancelled before the first payment is taken?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MargateSteve, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that the printer is defective and you'd want to replace and re-enroll in the HP Instant Ink Program. Here is a document Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Service to show you how to cancel the subscription.

And, to add the new printer, you can use the steps from the document HP Printers - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MargateSteve, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that the printer is defective and you'd want to replace and re-enroll in the HP Instant Ink Program. Here is a document Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Service to show you how to cancel the subscription.

And, to add the new printer, you can use the steps from the document HP Printers - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Pleased to say the new printer works fine, old old InstantInk enrolment has been cancelled and the new one has started.

Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

@MargateSteve

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.