Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I  had already tried combinations of those suggestions as well as:

- different IP modes in the ipv4 settings (dhcp, auto, manual) also reserving the IP in the router

- disabled the 5Ghz band in router

I still don’t think that the issue is with the router or ISP because the Smart Tasks and Scan to Email functions work the second time you try them after the ‘unable to connect message’. They fail again after restarting the printer or doing a print job.

Also, the connection to the server should be fine as the list of Smart Tasks is retrieved from the server properly before you try to use one of the tasks and hit the error.

Sorry if this doesn’t help much.

HP Recommended

Exactly the same for me.  Step for step. I am going to try to lean on HP for a solution, but its difficult to get consistent assistance. When you call speak to the cloud team and get it escalated. Ask your ISP about the port forwarding in particular. The things that you mentioned doing were the same things I had done prior to speaking with them today.  I honestly don't see how its entirely one fault or the other

HP Recommended

I decided to throw another 3 hours onto this to show that the problem is not with the ISP or the router.

The logs attached generated from a Syslog server (set up as per instructions in Logging HP Printer to Standard Syslog Server) show that the Smart Task scan job is cancelled instantly without logging any server interaction.

Logs here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14kA1qiTLUTARqPev2xFKNlxVxLtExQtg/view?usp=sharing

HP Recommended

So any ideas what this could mean? Its can't be a flaw within the machines themselves I think between the replacements and others I purchased I ultimately end up with the same behavior right out of the box on a few diffrent models. I purchased a 9018, which they replaced with a 9015 and I purchased a 9025 all with the same result. Have you tried any of the router settings they gave yesterday? I tend to think its between the machines and the ISP, how and where both are communicating. For me, the trouble started when I switched isps.

HP Recommended

Most likely it’s  the web service layer (software) inside the printers, which may be shared across the 9010/20 series.

We need to wait for the HP cloud team to reproduce the issue and publish a fix via firmware update.

HP Recommended

Have you spoken to the cloud team? Because I updated firmware to no avail. How do you think they are going to be able to reproduce the problem? Is it specific to something a set of users might be experiencing? We certainly are not the only ones experiencing issues but it appears they don't know what to look for 

HP Recommended

I haven’t spoken to them yet as here in the UK, HP support is only during weekday office hours.

I’m also hopeful that they are monitoring issues in this forum and passing info along to the corresponding technical teams.

Overall, HP support have been very diligent with my case and even sending brand new replacements. Unfortunately when it comes to intermittent service layer issues like this one, the biggest problem is getting clear reproduction steps to the right team.

I’ll do my part and try ang get through when I get a chance later this week and will keep this list posted.

HP Recommended

Ok, just FYI. Ive been dealing with this for about six weeks. I've now had it escalated 3 times with no improvement. The newest troubleshooting I had yesterday is the security settings within the router. They've seen a lot of that here in the states, and I was pretty confident that was the issue until you responded. Is it entirely on Hp software bugs you think?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.