Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Desktop Computer and 4700n Laser jet printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a brand new HP Compaq desktop computer and I have an older 4700n HP laserjet printer.  After the last Windows update, I started getting thick Vertical White Stripes on images when printing pictures.  We rolled back the update but it didn't improve.  

As a note, the issue happens when trying to print a picture (or series of pictures) by right-clicking and choosing "print", then going through the "Print Pictures" utility. The issue doesn't seem to happen when going through the print option in the Picture viewer, or for text documents. 20210317_172026.jpg20210317_172059.jpg20210317_172002.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem on my work computer. Did you end up finding a solution to it?

HP Recommended

@Spanier

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which Printer do you have?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue when printing on a M570dw from 2 different computers... with the difference it happens as well when printing from the Photos application. have you found a solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.