cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

This feature has been locked by the person who set up the printer

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6960

Trying to connect 6960 printer to new wireless router, when try to run Wireless setup message appears : This feature has been locked by the person who set up the printer

How do I overcome this ?

Also when I try to restore defaults in Printer Maintenance cannot do so as greyed out 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found this that solves the problem.

It seems to me that HP is overthinking their security. It is totally unnecessary to have this on a home printer.

my problem:

From the Home Screen, go to the bottom-left and click on the return key (bottom-left). NOTE - - Even if you do not see the return key (as it often disappears and reappears) click on the location of where the return key should be 4 to 5 times until you reach the "Support" menu. Click on the words "Support Menu". Arrow down to the "Resets Menu". Click OK. Arrow down to the "Semi-Full Reset" option. Click OK. Your screen will go dark as the printer will start resetting itself. Eventually your printer will turn off. Turn it back on you will have to go through and set everything up like when you first took the printer out of the box. All of the features that had been "locked by the person who set up your printer" (which I'm pretty sure in everybody's case is not you) have now been magically unlocked. I know this is wordy but it is a frustrating problem than can be solved by following these instructions. It just cost me over an hour of my life but it was well worth it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an officejet 6960 and recently moved, needing to connect to a different wifi. I am getting message "...locked by the person who set up this printer".  I cannot use the set up wizard. Also, after reading the solution provided to this question, after clicking on the return key at left bottom of home screen 5 times, Support Menu did not appear. Any other ideas?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation