Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8025

I bought this printer a couple of weeks ago and it has been the biggest piece of junk ever. Every time I try to print it grabs 3-10 sheets of paper and jams up. It says the door is open when it isn't. This printer has been unusable. I is under warranty so if I don't find a resolution here I am going to send it back and buy a different brand of printer.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DCAGolf, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Fan the papers before loading in the input tray.

To know how to correctly load the papers, kindly refer to - Loading Paper, Envelopes

Clearing the jammed papers and cleaning the paper pick rollers may help to resolve this issue. Perform the steps mentioned in this document - Paper Jam Error

Also, update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was on the phone for about an hour with HP yesterday trying everything you said. He decided that something was wrong with the machine and they need to replace it. Grateful for his attempts to help but frustrated with HP since this is a brand new printer and it never worked.

HP Recommended

@DCAGolf

Apologies for the inconvenience. As the printer is under warranty, it will be replaced. Its unfortunate that the new printer had issues, however the replacement one should work fine.

Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I too bought the same model printer @ a month ago.  It printed fine for the first few days but then it stopped printing, despite the fact that the ink cartridges were full.  I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with the HP rep.  They then sent me a replacement.  It too had problems; didn't recognize the cartridges.  I set up the original printer again and it started printing fine -- except for the fact that it was spitting out multiple pages for each page to be printed. (The recommended fixes above are ridiculous since it was a NEW printer!)   I've used HP for years and have generally been satisfied with the product.  Due to this experience, I'm changing to a different manufacturer.  Very disappointed.

HP Recommended

@Darwin6924

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.