cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
45RPM
Level 2
17 14 0 12
Message 31 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Bob Headrick

Thanks for the update.  It is good to know the situation.

However, this is a shocking way for HP to treat its customers.

Firstly, if a supplier offers a discount, cashback or reward – they are duty bound to honour that undertaking.  HP clearly made an offer, by way of popups on my PC.

Second: If the offer has expired, HP’s software should be clever enough to realise.

Thirdly: Despite the fact that I have merely bought ink, HP seem to think it’s OK to carte blanche edit my registry.

From a customer viewpoint, HP have totally messsed this up.

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
PVaHokie
2 2 0 2
Message 32 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's really not something I would expect from hp.  Installing an applet that stays hidden and pops up erroneous messages is something you'd expect tacked onto a shady download.  It has more in common with malware than a feature.  You guys should issue an apology and a fix.  I suspect I can find it with malware or bloatware fixers but I'm disappointed in hp.  

Besides, I'm still aggravated that your firmware on your printers rejects refilled hp cartridges.  That's just greedy.  Next time I'm in the market for a printer, I'm going to look at the competition.

Tags (3)
NZarcher
1 1 0 1
Message 33 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Usual avoidance of offers Make it so bloody difficult and theywill go away. No principles no real consideration of clients

Tags (1)
Heidirs
Level 1
8 4 0 3
Message 34 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So after a YEAR of these annoying popups for some "reward" that I have never been able to claim because clicking on "claim reward" always brought me to a webpage that didn't work, I finally decide to do some digging and see what this is about. And of course I learn the reward's program was discontinued.

So... HP ink is expensive as always. Got it. Can you at least disable the pop-up?

Tags (1)
rpm2
2 2 0 0
Message 35 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sandytechy20 (HP Rep),

It has been communicated on this thread by an HP Volunteer in September 2017 the CLAIM HP REWARD issue is due to discontinuation of the promotion.  

Is that so, and if so, why were you not able to tell us that back in August when you responded to the issue?  This is incredibly frustrating for your loyal consumers on MANY levels.

I can assure you I will have no problem purchasing an Epson printer upon my next need.  A company like HP should know better how to treat its customers.

RP

Tags (3)
Neptune-Boats
1 1 0 0
Message 36 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like I am another sucker clicking on the ficticious FREE rewards button only to hit a dead end!  I note from the date of the previous users this problem goes back to June for 1 clearly not top of HP's agenda to fix, if indeed there ever was anything to fix...  Doesn't make one want to stay loyal does it!?!

Tags (1)
Mic999
2 2 0 0
Message 37 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same thing happen to me today.

Tags (1)
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 8,651 925 1,633
Message 38 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Mic999

Thanks for reaching out!

I see that you are trying to redeem the Ink rewards option on your HP printer. The HP Ink Rewards program was ended July 31, 2017, and I am afraid that you cannot claim the rewards anymore.

See the document here for information: http://bit.ly/2fhP4Md

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
rpm2
2 2 0 0
Message 39 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dvortex,

The Customer Support from HP on this matter has been apallingly bad.  This thread dates back to JUNE 2017 and other HP Support Agents have supposedly "escalated" this issue for attention.

A HP Expert (Volunteer) mentioned on 9/22/17 this program was ended in July, yet no official word from a HP Rep, until your post otoday - OCTOBER 16, 2017.

This kind of poor support is incredibly frustrating for your loyal consumers and I can assure you I will have no problem purchasing an Epson printer upon my next need.  A company like HP should know better how to treat its customers.

RP

Tags (3)
45RPM
Level 2
17 14 0 12
Message 40 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dvortex wrote:

Hello, @Mic999

Thanks for reaching out!

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Hello Dvortex

Firstly, what's this "reaching out" thing?  People are dissapointed, confused and angry!  

Second: 

That does not answer concerns at all.  As for your "adequate" statement.  In fact HP's answer is totally inadequate.

Let me explain.

1. I bought some ink for my printer.
  2. Random popups appeared on my desktops offering me an unspecified reward
  3. Despite considerable investigation on my part, the benefts of the reward programme remain a mystery
  4. The website links from the popups don't work

Others are having exactly the same problem; as recent as a few days ago.  So it is probably going to be a forever problem.

Also: why a I telling you this?!   The information is available in this very thread that you are replying to.   Why didn't you read it before responding.

Surely a reward scheme should promote pleasant customer relations and ensure future loyalty.  I'll leave you to decide whether they have achieved that ojective or done the exact opposite.

Thanks for reading

Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation