Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet pro

I canceled my ink jet account as I did not find it beneficial nor like that HP was somehow connected to my printer. When we tried to print later on, the printer would not work and continued to say, replace ink" when the ink was full. I called HP and they said we HAD to be enrolled in instant ink in order to print. So annoying and weird, but okay. We started a small business and have been printing more frequently. I got several bills from instant ink that averaged $15  each month (for additional paper sets). 

Okay, now I really want to get rid of this printer because if you are telling me that in order to use a printer that I own, I have to use HP instant ink and be charged fees if I go over my "paper limit" then this is not in any way for our small business . My question, "can I cancel instant ink and still be able to print and if so what cartridges are needed?" 

Second question, does anyone like instant ink? This seems like such a huge scam. If I would have known any of this before purchasing printer I would have never bought it

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LindsayMae, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Yes, you can cancel the Instant Ink subscription and still be able to print. You will have to use the regular HP ink cartridges.

Once the printer is not enrolled in instant ink, you cannot use the instant ink cartridges any more.

To know how to cancel the subscription, click here.

$15 is way too much for a month. You could have opted for a better plan on Instant Ink. There are 50-page plan, 100-page and 300-page plan.

For more info, you may refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.