Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having a very strange issue where I am suddenly unable to print using my laptop, but I am still able to scan using it. I was also able to print using my phone. The issue is isolated to printing using my laptop. I already tried power cycling my router, my printer, and my laptop. I've also tried removing the printer and uninstalling the drivers, then reinstalling the software/drivers. I've also tried using the HP Print and Scan Doctor. None of them helped. The problem persists despite performing all of those.

I'm not getting an error code. I just get an error saying "Error - printing" on my printer queue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-photo-7100-all-in-one-printer-ser...
3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

If you are not sure how to do this, the following resource will walk you through the steps:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I tried doing that but it the installer got stuck at the "Installing network device" window. I did some research into that and saw that I perhaps needed to perform a Windows update, which I did. Since the full package came with software that I didn't really need, I tried the HP Smart installation just to see if it would work, and it did. I am finally able to print using my laptop again. I'm guessing the full package install would have worked as well after I performed the Windows update. Anyway, thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.