Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently purchased the ENVY 4520 and completed online set up but files still won't print. Also, application only recognizes PDF files. Printing direct from software program produces blank page. Does not appear to be issue with ink cartridges since "Congratulations" page prints (in blue ink), however, scanning and copying also produces blank pages. Have used HP printers my entire life but this printer set up is consuming too much time and is getting very frustrating.  Has anyone experienced set up issues and is there an easy solution? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You do not have to sign up for HP Connected to print with your printer. You can either click  "skip," "cancel," or there might a little 'x' in the corner to close out the screen. It will prompt to make sure you are sure, just click yes or later. 

Jesyka 🙂

I work on behalf of HP. #HPExpertsDay

Please click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if this helps you

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/document/c042490...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Hi,

I understand you are having issue with printing . Please use the link below . hope this resolves.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,

John_domnic.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,
John_domnic.
HP Recommended

Hi DreamCatchler,

Have you tried our guided troubleshooter to isolate the issue? This troubleshooter is specific to your printer and the print issue. Please try the steps and let me know if it worked for you!

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=ENVY_4520/guides/ENVY_4520_Unable_to_Print.net&section=exter...

I hope this helps!

Jesyka 🙂

Please click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.

HP Recommended

Thank you, everyone, for your help. I used the HP doctor and believe that I am properly connected to the printer wirelessly, however, I am now stuck at the "hp Connected" sign in screen. Does anyone know how to bypass that screen or is signing up for hp Connected mandatory? I can't seem to escape that screen and don't know if exiting without signing up for the feature will prevent my wireless connection from working properly. 

HP Recommended

You do not have to sign up for HP Connected to print with your printer. You can either click  "skip," "cancel," or there might a little 'x' in the corner to close out the screen. It will prompt to make sure you are sure, just click yes or later. 

Jesyka 🙂

HP Recommended

I just tried printing and the page is still blank even though the troubleshooting app confirmed that my printer was connected and identified. I've already confirmed ink cartridges are installed properly and machine is ready. What is my next course of action? 

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues. We have a document to address this problem, check it out -  Black Ink Not Printing and other Print Quality Issues. Also note that if you're printing from Adobe, that might be the problem. Try printing from another program to see if it's just only happening through Adobe. If it is, let me know. We'll keep troubleshooting. 

Jesyka 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello Dreamcatcher,

Considering all that you describe, you probably want to reinstall the printer's software onto your computer.  You might just uninstall the software first.  In Programs and Features uninstall any listed for Envy 4520.  I have two.  Then with the printer turned on, go to 123.HP.com, where it will recognize your computer and download/install the MOST RECENT version.  Do Not use the disc that comes with the printer as it may not be up-to-date.

Page printing in blue ink could mean that one of the colors (magenta) is not functioning.  There's other solutions for blank pages if this doesn't work.  Let me know, please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.