Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing multiple documents of several differnent attachment types the first page does not have a line.  Each additional page shows a line on the left side. This is not a toner issue and it happens regardless of type of document I'm printing.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Wookieenerd, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you have an Officejet Pro 7740that is putting a black vertical line in the center of your copies/scans. I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with this, but I will certainly do my best to assist you in resolving this issue.

I would recommend following this Vertical Bands, Lines, or Streaks in Copies, Faxes, or Scans document as it should be able to help you clear that line. The most common cause is a small speck of something on the scanner glass, so just make sure when you're cleaning you use as much elbow grease as you can muster 

Just to clarify a little further as well, if the issue only seems to happen when using the Automatic Document Feeder, you'll want to focus your attention on the small strip of glass it uses on the far left side. If it's only happening when you use the flatbed glass, you will want to focus your attention on the large piece of glass it uses.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.