Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi I have an HP  envy 5540 and need to know best clear  water slide paper to use. Tried a cheap one and even though the image stays looking great once soaked, when I put it o to glittered background on a tumbler it is hardly visible. Hoping it’s the cheap paper I used? Can anyone help please

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@NikitaG, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer does not support printing on a water slide paper. To check the printer specs, click here

To check what type of papers are supported, refer to paper basics on page 7 of the user guide.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’m confused, what do u mean it doesn’t support it? I’ve already done one but quality wasn’t great so wondered if it was quality of paper. So what does it doesn’t support it mean please? 
what printer does support it then that isn’t a ridiculous price please? As if what u r saying is correct then I now obv need to pay out for yet another printer 

thanks 

HP Recommended

@NikitaG

It could have printed one before and the quality was not good because the printer cannot print on that type of paper. To check the compatible printers with water slide paper, contact HP Store

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The ho store is useless and I still can’t find which ones do support it! It’s ridiculous. I just need a list of ones that do please

HP Recommended

It seems you are wrong and it does print waterslide. Have now managed to print one and apply it to cup so for anyone wondering, set it to specialty paper glossy and off u go 

HP Recommended

My hp 5540 won't print any color on my water slide paper? Why is this? 

HP Recommended

How did you get it to print color? Mine only prints black and white on water slide paper??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.