Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Officejet 6962

I was printing out recipes and seen the ink was low and printed 2 pages then the next page I tried printing did not have anything on it. We have barely used the printer and not printed nowhere near 100 pages we probably did not even print 50 pages, and the ink is not working. We tried replacing the cartridge with an Hp black ink. I can not receive any help from Hp at all since the printer in a couple months out of warranty, I have seen a lot of people have  major issues with the Hp Officejet 6962 with the black ink. My printer in out of warranty but only by a couple months, there is a obvious defective problem with the printer. We keep the printer put up and only use it when we need to. I tried the alignment cleaning, printhead cleaning, and every thing there is on the forum to do. I have read of many  people having the same issues. The printer does not just stop printing black out of nowhere, black is the only color ink we print with. Something really needs to be done here, I do not understand why there was not a recall on them or something because clearly there is a defect in the product! I bought this printer because I thought it would last a really long time and I would not have issues with it. I paid over $200 for this printer and thought it would work. The printer is practically new!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Christmas_Lover, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hopefully, you see this in time. I had the same problem, though I've been out of warranty for about 9 months.  Anyway, if the cleaning cycles don't work, you could try the process in this YouTube video.  It worked for me after I was told my printhead was bad and I needed a new printer. So I'm hitting all the threads complaining of this problem to save people a few $$s if possible. it's not my video and I'm not affiliated with the person, I just hate when good solutions aren't offered by manufacturers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDdTHa38vBw&t=35s

Here's the basic steps:

1. Remove the ink cartridges
  2. slide the printhead all the way to the left
  3. place a slightly damp paper towel underneath where the printhead moves, press down firmly to get it flush so the head can pass over it.  (I struggled with this, and ended up just holding the corner of it until I could get the head over it)
  4. manually slide the printhead back and forth several times.  I had to use 2 paper towels and refolded both because the black ink covered them quickly.
  5. replace the ink cartridges.
  6. my step 6. run the clean print-head cycle a few times. I still had some fading/streaking so I think I did the 3 cleaning cycles twice before I was satisfied. Black in and color prints look perfect again

The video says you have 5 minutes before the printhead returns to "maintenance mode", so watch your fingers and get it done in 5 minutes. I didn't have any problems and my printer prints just fine now.

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.