cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
vero123
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

While lines when printing

HP Recommended
ENVY 6232
macOS 10.14 Mojave

When I print a photo from my iMAC (v 10.14.4) , I have vertical white lines that appears on my photo and picture colors are bland.

But when I print from my android phone the same picture  I don't have these lines and colors of pic are better quality

I print in wireless using BT for both

The HP software on my MAC is 2.9.0 and the printer is totally new.

Could you advice to have good prints from my computer?

3 REPLIES 3
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,558 1,539
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vero123, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Restart the devices and try again. If the issue persists, try removing and adding the printer back using AirPrint.

Follow the steps below:

Remove the printer-

Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners

Click the printer name, click the minus - sign to delete the printer.

Add the printer-

Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners

Click the plus + sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add

Try printing.

Also, update the printer firmware which provides the recent product enhancements and issue fixes.

Refer to this link to know more on how to update the printer firmware

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
vero123
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is still present.

0 Kudos
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,558 1,539
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vero123

To further isolate the issue, I would like to know the following:

• Which application are you printing from?
  • Have you tried printing photos from a different application?
  • Does the regular text documents print fine?

Keep me posted.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation