Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a hp 3820 and 4650 printer.  All of a sudden they will not print in color.  Even when I find a section where I can select color, the color option will not state.  Both printer were print just fine.  I do not know why or when it started.   Help.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@fpobox3200

I'll be glad to assist you!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please help me with the operating system of the computer?

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Is the copy working fine in color?

Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05337009 for Resolving copy issue.

Keep me posted.

Welcome to the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you Raj1788 for responding to my help request.  However, since I posted that, I located a hp chat help that I contacted.  The chat rep asked to access my computer remotely and the rep stated that there  a software issue and that the rep added the printer with Ip address so that I can print in color.  The rep stated that when the windows automatically updated however sometimes printer drivers are unable to update with the windows updates that is why I  faced this issue.

So again thanks for you willingness to assist.  This was the first time I used this support.  I do not know if this will help anyone else who has this problem.  I hope so.

HP Recommended

@fpobox3200

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Take care and do have a great week ahead!

:)Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.