Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6962
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I went to print photos from my HP OJ 6962.  On the computer preview, the photo looks ok, but when printed out the photo looks as if there had been a light blue filter.

Thinking this might be a problem in the computer software program being used, I printed out of another software program.  Again preview was ok, but the printed photo had a blue tinge.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this and, hopefully, how to cure it?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @freebird4

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the print quality issue. 

To better assist you - Are you using genuine HP inks? 

Check ink levels using these steps - On the printer control panel, touch the Ink Level Indicator icon . The control panel displays estimated ink levels.

If the ink levels are fine, print a Print Quality Report - 

1) Load plain white paper in the input tray.
2) From the printer control panel, open the Setup  menu.
3) Open the Reports or Tools menu.
4) Touch Print Quality Report.

Evaluate the report for any defects. Refer to this document for steps. 

Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Asmita6658,

My inks are HP genuine and all but the yellow are almost at the max level.  The yellow is very low, but I thought there was enough for small printing jobs.

In a few days I will go to buy another yellow ink and try printing the picture after installation.

HP Recommended

Sure @freebird4

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Replacing the yellow ink cartridge did the trick.  Lucky since trying to find the Print Quality Report could not be achieved.

Thanks again Asmita

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.