Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
HP 4500 won't print on photo paper and gives a paper jam error when there is not.
@Dagreek1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
What is the type and size of the paper?
Was there any paper jam earlier?
Does printing on regular plain paper work fine?
Meanwhile, refer to the document Printer Specifications for HP ENVY 4500, DeskJet 3540 Printers to learn about supported paper type and sizes.
Also, use the steps from the document Paper Jam Error to isolate and resolve the issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
TEJ1602 I am an HP Employee
Polaroid 8 1/2x11 heavy weight glossy 260g/m2.
plain paper only prints b/w. No color printing on any paper. Never had a problem with printing in color on plain or photo paper
Initially, you mentioned the paper jam issue and now I see color not printing concern. Which one do we address first?
Or, is the paper jam issue resolved?
Keep me posted.
Every type of paper jams when trying to print in color. No problems with any paper printing in b/w.
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community