Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LAPTOP-R4H545E6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the past 3-days my Laptop has started printing Win 10 Mail messages in small font, about a quarter of the usual size. I've tried other Apps (Ms-Office) and they all print normally. I've also switched from my OfficeJet printer to my older PhotoSmart printer and exactly the same problem occurs when printing emails...prints the email but in much smaller font and always located at the top left hand part of the A4 paper. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Mail which does not solve the problem....all advice on how to fix this much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mikeb999 

I answered a very similar post a few days ago.

Essentially, Windows Mail does not include the ability to control Font size (not settings for this).

The printer is unaware of what it is printing (and so you cannot expect / control font size on the printer).

After I posted an "idea" (without any real expectation that it would help),

We did hear back from several people who said they are having the same issue with (just) Windows Mail.

You might want to go see what the Microsoft Community has to say - this is likely a Windows issue.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I've read today (16th Dec) on the Microsoft Forum that there was a 'bug' introduced into Win 10 Mail through a recent Windows Update to the Mail App (Again !) ...we have to wait until Microsoft accepts it's error and gets a fix for it. Until then they advise Copy/paste emails into Word and print...!!!

HP Recommended

@mikeb999 

Thanks for the response.

The problem has had time to permeate the 'net with complaints. 

Apparently, lots of people use Windows Mail.  Smiling.

Makes sense that after several days that the underlying cause would be discovered.

Yes, if you cannot use another mail client / app,

Copy/paste to Word --- remember that Word does not like copy / paste for images (might print wrong size).

"Insert" pictures for the best experience.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.