Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Windows update related problems with HP printers

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the second time now, I have had problems with network printing. My PC can find the printer fine, but printing just doesn't work, no error code, just "Error." After lengthy tech support sessions, the problem turned out to be related to Windows Updates. I had to manually reinstall the printer with its IP address. The latest tech support rep said, "usually if there are updates on the computer specially Windows, WSD connections get affected" and "This is actually a common problem with Windows Users. It also affects other devices that uses WSD connections."

Really??? If so, HP sure has a lousy way of handling it. I should not have to manually reinstall the printer via IP address after a Windows update. How many tens of thousands of people (not to mention HP itself) are inconvenienced due to what is obviously a bug in HP's software, since I have never had similar problems with Epson or Brother printers?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation