Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M478f-9f
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

If I open a PDF from a web page in Chrome, the page won't print. The job appears to go through (the printer icon appears in the Dock and then disappears), but then nothing happens. If I choose in Chrome to open the PDF in Acrobat, it prints fine. Running Chrome v89.0.4389.82 on MacOS 11.2.3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The HP tech helped me today. The solution was to switch from the HP driver to the Generic Postscript driver.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

One additional piece of information: Occasionally, instead of doing nothing, the printer freezes with error code B8E3B306

HP Recommended

The HP tech helped me today. The solution was to switch from the HP driver to the Generic Postscript driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.