Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7858
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

*Update* I have determined that the cartridge is out of cyan and light cyan ink, so there's no need to offer a solution, but I'm leaving this post here just to show what can happen when the cartridge is low!

--------------

The first picture below is a scan of the print I made from a PowerPoint slide that is supposed to be BLUE, Red, and White (second picture)! 

The color cartridge (that came with the new printer) is low but not empty and I did not receive any message to replace it. Can it be that the blue ink alone has run out so it's printing magenta instead of blue? The ink level meter shows all three colors.  Why wouldn't it give me a message to replace? Or is there some weird printer setting?

I am asking because I am on the HP Instant Ink program and I don't want to install the first Instant Ink cartridge and start the page count until I have to.

ColorProblem.jpg

ColorProblemOriginal PowerPoint.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've answered my own question. The ink cartridge is out of cyan and light cyan ink.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I've answered my own question. The ink cartridge is out of cyan and light cyan ink.

HP Recommended

A follow-on note:

After I ran a print quality diagnostic test and verified that the cyan was depleted from the original cartridge, I installed a brand new Instant Ink color cartridge and ran a new print quality diagnostic. This time the yellow was missing!  I then spent a long time on the phone with HP support removing, cleaning, reinstalling, and testing, etc. but I knew that the cartridge was defective and obviously had no yellow ink (when I removed and cleaned it with a Q-tip at the tech's suggestion, I could see there was only blue and red ink present).  

So HP is sending me a new cartridge but meanwhile, I have no color cartridge that contains all three inks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.