Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printing on A4 is all good. But printing on A3 is low quality and there is no color on printed paper. I checked all preferences and there is nothing wrong. Also reinstalled all drivers. IMG_3395.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bezimeni

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for help and the proposal but it wasn't helpful.

Maybe i could explain it better.

I'm connected to the same printer with 4 different computers two of them print A3 paper with normal quality and no issues.

But other two which are new (maybe is because new version of windows10?) print in this low quality and that happens only on A3 papers. A4 paper are printed perfectly with no problem on all computers.

Preferences while printing are the same on all computers.

Also there are different window preferences like in the following picture.

These are normal on computers that are working:

original.png

But these are on the other two:

original2.PNG

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Bezimeni

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try a few more steps: 

1. Open the document or photo on your computer, click File or the menu icon , and then click Print.

Print or Print Pictures window or pane opens with general print job settings, including the menu to select the printer you want to print to.

2. Open Document Properties or Printing Preferences from the main print window or pane to access the HP Laser print driver settings. The button or link name varies depending on the app you are printing from.

• Microsoft Word: Click Printer Properties

• Paint and WordPad: Click Preferences

• Windows Photo Viewer: Click Options... in the lower right corner of the screen, and then click Printer Properties... in the Print Settings window

• Adobe PDF Reader: Click Properties

3. To view the different settings, click the tabs along the top of the window.

HP Document Properties window with settings tabs

4. Click the Favorites tab to use shortcuts that have essential settings already selected for common print job types.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.