Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Officejet Pro 9015
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hp Office Jet Pro 9015 keeps turning off and flashing "B305DFF1". I've plugged the machine directly into wall socket. Problem continues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NMB51, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that the printer is in an error state, follow the steps below in sequence-

Remove the ink cartridges and reset the printer

1. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

3. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

4. Wait at least 60 seconds.

5. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

6. Turn the printer on.

7. Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.

8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration or alignment page, do so.

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@NMB51, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that the printer is in an error state, follow the steps below in sequence-

NOTE: 

6. Turn the printer on.

7. Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.

8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration or alignment page, do so.

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No Joy to removing ink cartridges, unplugging, wait, replug in to power, reinstall ink cartridges, all software and firmware is up to date. Printer is OK for about an hour then error returns

HP Recommended

This suggestion does not resolve the problem issue. Did all that you suggested. Firmware is up-to-date. Printer works for a period of time and then error message returns and I have to unplug to get it to come on again.

HP Recommended

Did *not* solve problem. See my other feedback.

HP Recommended

@NMB51

This looks like a hardware issue.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did all of the instructions exactly as listed below but the B305DFF1 error code returns after a day or so. This must be a software issue because it only began occurring about a month ago.

NOTE: 

6. Turn the printer on.

HP Recommended

What is the exact meaning/root cause of error code B305DFF1? I have the same issue on my Officejet Pro 9015. Can HP issue a software fix to prevent this error?

HP Recommended

I agree with the hardware issue. Printer works perfectly, scan, print, FAX until at some point an hour or two quicker if used recently. Something heats up and fails. As far as HP support goes I feel buying a new printer is cheaper than letting HP noolde around on it for several hours at $$$/hour.

SOLVED!!  tossed it out to curb.  Trash Pandas picked it up in 30 minutes.

HP Recommended

This solution does not work for me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.