cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

black ink cartridge empty, can I print in black and white using my tri-colour ink?

HP Recommended
Deskjet 2600 series printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my black ink cartridge is empty and I have 2 tri-colour Ink Cartridges remaining.... just signed up for HP Instant Ink because I am tired of running out of black ink in the middle of a print job, but I want to use up the 2 tri-colour ink cartridges if I can first!

Is this possible??

I was told I could by an HP Instant Ink customer service rep.... but don't know how to make it work.

I have an HP 2622 series deskjet printer. Any clear instructions would be helpful!  I have tried googling this, tried the suggestions.. but none of them worked....

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,665 30,614 2,531 3,827
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Twitzke Yes, this printer supports printing from a single cartridge,

for mode details refer to page. 58 of the user guide by clicking here or checking out the below image:

If you are in need of replacement ink cartridges from the HP Instant ink program, check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. This unfortunately did not help me..... I removed the black ink cartridg,e as it is empty, and kept the tri-colour one in.... it printed one page for me and now is no longer printing anything..... .... It there something I am missing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,205 14,199 934 1,109
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Twitzke

Do you get any errors while trying to print?

Are you trying to print in color or black?

Try making a color copy of a color document from the scanner glass and check if that works.

You may try printing a color document from your computer and check.

Keep us posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation