Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5510 Printer

Color print works on documents. 

Black ink works if printing from snipping tool, but print quaity is poor. 

Black ink will not print if printing PDF document, or if printing a document from the internet.

Using HP 564 print cartridges.

Help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@frusted2

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is the copy working fine?

Could you please help me with the operating system of the computer?

If you are facing the same issue while making a copy,

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-5510-e-all-in-one-printer-series-b111/5053904/doc... and follow the steps.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I am using Windows 10

Copy functin is not working

I had previously foowedthe same set of instructions you suggested.  Foowed them again, & now nothing is printing

HP Recommended

@frusted2

Thanks for the reply,

If you have tried all the steps in this link:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-5510-e-all-in-one-printer-series-b111/5053904/doc... 

If the issue persists, this could be a hardware issue with the Ink system of the printer.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Cannot find the form you reference in instructions abvove  form to select your contact options".

More frustrated now

HP Recommended

@frusted2

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. In order to resolve the issue, we have to elevate the case to the next level.

I will share you few details through a private message that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.