Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet J4580 All-in-One
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Printing at borders of page ok, interior printing is nearly a double image, viz. a shadow of the image appears next to the image which makes viewing difficult.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@injector

Welcome to HP Community,

We value your time with us, we have routed the details of your case to the concerned team,

And they will get back to you shortly to help get this sorted.

Stay Tuned,

And have a good day.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@injector, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
  • Try making a standalone copy and check if that prints fine. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Perform steps 3 and 4 from this document to resolve print quality issues. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

o don't know what you mean by:

• Which application are you trying to print from?

o I've printed PDF and webpage documents....the PDF documents have been attachments to e-mails...some of those print without shadow, some print with shadow....the webpage documents print clearly, without shadow

o re a copy made from the printer, the copy prints clearly, without shadow

o re software updates for the iMac I'm using, the latest one doesn't address anything involving printing

The fact that some PDFs print clearly and others don't, and the fact that a simple copy prints clearly,  would suggest that the print head is ok wouldn't it? Or, could it be that there is an electrical intermittent in the print head/printer circuit?

HP Recommended

@injector

This seems like an issue with Adobe application. The issue occurs only while printing PDF documents.

Try printing the PDF document as an image and check if that helps.

Refer to this document to know how.

Try updating the Adobe app or reinstalling it. This is an application-specific issue.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your suggestion sounds like it has promise. When I attempt to open Adobe Reader, however, my computer gives me a note saying that my Reader version must be updated before I can open it and use it. According to the Adobe folks I must first open the application before I can update it. So, it's an exasperating, circular conundrum! If I could speak with someone at Adobe I might be able to solve the problem, but Adobe's recorded phone "greeting" says it doesn't offer support for Reader issues by phone. 

Do you have any suggestions about how I might open the application so I could then update it?

HP Recommended

@injector

Thank you for posting back. 

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.