Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I installed a new ink cartridge and it will not print  My printer is a HPC309g and the ink is 564XL

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cujodms,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

Have you tried to clean the cartridges and the printhead?

Did you try to align the printer?

What happen when you try to print the print quality diagnostics report?

Let's try these steps here: 

Print a print quality diagnostic report

1. Open HP Solution Center:

• Windows XP: Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.

• Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.

HP Solution Center opens in a new window.

2. Click Settings ().

3. In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox. The printer Toolbox opens.

4. Click the Device Services tab.

5. Click Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page, and then click Print Page. The print quality diagnostic report prints.

Evaluate the report for any defects. 

• If there are defects found, try the steps mentioned in this document

Hope this helps.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.