cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

cartridge problems

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Was able to print with both my HP printers ( Envy 4520 & Deskjet 2540)  and the following day both printers developed cartridge problems.  Tried everything that HP suggest.  Both printers are not functional.  I find that  there have been three HP Firmware downloads without my Knowledge on 21 July 2020.  They are DJ2540_2023B.exe,  DJ2540_188 and _DJ2540_basicx64_188.  Both printers were ok  until these downloads. I am still searching for firmware downloads for the Envy 4520 printer.  It seems that firmware downloads to a printer cannot be removed by the owner off the printer.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,774 5,745 342 379
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @emer1,

I'd like to help!

What is the exact error message you receive?

To update the firmware, refer to HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer is indicating incompatible cartridges not intended for use in this printer as it is configured.  They are original HP cartridges which I have refilled myself, which by law, I should not be barred from doing so by HP.  They have been printing satisfactory  until both printers stopped at the same time.   I have carried out all the advice given by HP with negative results.  I am fed up with running around like a headless chicken and spending a lot of my time and getting nowhere as a result.  The solution to my problem is to dispose of the printers, as many other owners have done and purchase two new printers which will  certainly not be HP.  By doing so, less of my time will be wasted.  I have a HP laptop and if and when it should fail I shall replace it with another make as I have very little confidence with HP products or their solutions put forward to rectify a problem.

emer1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,774 5,745 342 379
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I respect your decision.

The third-party ink cartridges will work. But there are many cartridges in the market which is refilled and sometimes the chip is not configured to work with the printer. You need to contact the cartridge manufacturer and find out why its not working. Try a different cartridge supplier and check if that works.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation