Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3510
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having problems (all of a sudden) with my printer not printing the colors right.  The yellow turns out orange, even on the diagnostic print page, and the other colors are off, too.  I've done EVERYthing I can think of and am not getting anywhere.  I've put in both new black and color cartridges even though the ones I was using were not near empty.  Does anyone gave any ideas?  

The printer prints black just fine and it's all aligned perfectly . . . just can't get yellow to be yellow, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bjs38

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 3510 e-All-in-One Printer and the printer does not print the colors right. The yellow prints orange and also is the same in the diagnostic page. However, the black color prints fine. I read that you have installed new HP cartridges and issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Have you tried printing on some other brand paper and check if that helps?
  • Please make a color copy and check how the output is.
  • Also, try to print from other applications and check if that makes a difference.

If the colors print properly in the color copy then the issue points towards the printer drivers. To fix the printer drivers, I suggest you to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further queries. Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bjs38

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 3510 e-All-in-One Printer and the printer does not print the colors right. The yellow prints orange and also is the same in the diagnostic page. However, the black color prints fine. I read that you have installed new HP cartridges and issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Have you tried printing on some other brand paper and check if that helps?
  • Please make a color copy and check how the output is.
  • Also, try to print from other applications and check if that makes a difference.

If the colors print properly in the color copy then the issue points towards the printer drivers. To fix the printer drivers, I suggest you to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further queries. Good luck! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.