Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Back in April I had issues connecting the HP Deskjet 2540 printer to the Wi-fi network. This was kindly resolved by the solution below, but I now want to use the http:// link again and it no longer works. Any ideas? Is there a new link?

Thanks

Stephen.

[previous solution; NB I've replaced : with [colon] so that I can post this message]

Connect to your printer SSID and browse to http[colon]//192.168.223.1

Open the Network or wireless tab and select Wireless Setup Wizard.

Follow the steps on screen to connect the printer to your wireless network, once you are done and teh bluw wireless light lits solid reconnect the computer to your network and print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @SRM2 – Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I’m here to help 🙂

I see that you are trying to connect the printer to the network by accessing the printer EWS page. The IP address that you posted is printer wireless direct ip.

It could be possible that the wireless direct on the printer is turned off. On the printer control panel, touch the HP wireless direct icon () to turn on the wireless direct. 

Once done, try to access the printer EWS by entering 192.168.223.1 on the browser address bar. If still not able to access the printer EWS, on the computer or laptop, click the wireless icon () or (), and then select HP-Print-xx-[your printer model name] from the list of available networks. 

NB: If the printer name does not display, you might be out of range of the HP wireless direct signal. Move your computer and printer closer together.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @SRM2 – Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I’m here to help 🙂

I see that you are trying to connect the printer to the network by accessing the printer EWS page. The IP address that you posted is printer wireless direct ip.

It could be possible that the wireless direct on the printer is turned off. On the printer control panel, touch the HP wireless direct icon () to turn on the wireless direct. 

Once done, try to access the printer EWS by entering 192.168.223.1 on the browser address bar. If still not able to access the printer EWS, on the computer or laptop, click the wireless icon () or (), and then select HP-Print-xx-[your printer model name] from the list of available networks. 

NB: If the printer name does not display, you might be out of range of the HP wireless direct signal. Move your computer and printer closer together.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks DVortex, the printer is working normally again

HP Recommended

Hello, @SRM2

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.