Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP desk jet 2624
iOS 10 - 10.3.3

Every time I try to connect my I phone app to the printer ,it tells me that “password is incorrect “ when it’s definitely the right one . I used it before ,then changed internet provider and since then it gives me that problem

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Yulia16

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

Resetting the printer network settings and then re-connecting the printer back to your home WiFi may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/162/c02131772.gif and the Cancel button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/824/c01623874.gif at the same time for 5 seconds. (This step will restore default wireless settings on the printer and enable Auto Wireless connect. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.) 

2.) Open HP Smart App, If a printer setup notification displays, tap the notification. Otherwise, tap the Plus sign to add your printer.

3.) Tap Set Up a New Printer.

4.) Press the Home button, and then connect your Apple device to your printer's wireless network.

• From the home screen on your Apple device, tap Settings, and then tap Wi-Fi.
  • Tap your printer. The printer name contains 'Setup' and the model number, such as HP-Setup>A8-Deskjet 2600 series.

Your Apple device is now on your printer's wireless network.

5.) Press the Home button, and then tap the HP Smart app. Follow the on-screen instructions. 

You may refer to this video for detailed instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.