Connect your printer to a wireless network using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Before you can connect your printer to a wireless network using WPS,
make sure you have the following:
● A wireless 802.11b/g/n network that includes a WPS-enabled wireless router or access point. NOTE: The printer only supports connections using 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
● A computer connected to the wireless network that you intend to connect the printer to.
Be sure you have installed the HP printer software on the computer. If you have a WPS router with a WPS push button, follow the Push Button method.
If you are not certain your router has a push button, follow the PIN method.
To use the Push Button Configuration (PBC) method
1. Press and hold and on the back of printer for at least three seconds to start WPS Push Button method. The Edge lighting shows the outside edges of the light bar pulsing purple, repeating.
2. Press the WPS button on your router.
NOTE: The product begins a timer for approximately two minutes while a wireless connection is established. If the printer connects successfully, the Edge lighting glows purple at the outside edges of the light bar. Flashing amber lighting in the middle of the light bar indicates an error.
To use the PIN method
1. Press and hold until all the buttons on the control panel light up, and then press and hold and for at least five seconds to start WPS PIN method and print a page with a PIN code. The Edge lighting shows the light bar glowing purple near the edges.
2. Open the configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point, and then enter the WPS PIN.
NOTE: For more information about using the configuration utility, see the documentation provided with the router or wireless access point. Wait for about two minutes. If the printer connects successfully, the light bar glows white in the center.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".