Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased both the high print black cartridge and the 935 color package earlier this year. I installed the black and cyan as that was what was needed and the printer worked fine.  Then I saw a warning that the magenta and yellow was low so I replaced those two cartridges.  Now I get an error warning that the magenta was damaged or missing and the printer doesn't work.  I mailed the information to  1501 Page Mill road, Palo Alto CA  94304 address three weeks ago and still have heard nothing.  On the 935 package the numbers under the bar code is 89894 15364  On the box it says warranty ends Oct 2021.  There are also 2 other numbers on the end flap.  They are 5180-1548    and a much smaller 48390-1.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@BeachGoer

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which Printer do you have? Do you mean you you shipped the defective ink?

Let us know.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Betty0610. I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 all in one printer. No I did not send a cartridge back, I just sent a letter with the information that was on the package to the address on the package which was 1501 Page Hill Rd., Palo alto, CA 94304. I also enclosed the number under the UPC code as well as two other codes on the outside flaps, just as I did on the community site.

I also unplug the printer when the power was on and then reattach the power cord as was instructed on the HP support site. That did not work.

HP Recommended

If you insert your old magenta ink, do you still get the error message?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5390307/docum...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.