Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 60

My Deskjet 4480 printer stopped printing.  It seemed it was out of black ink. I took it to Costco and they weighed the cartridge; it had 1/3 ink remaining. They wiped th strip with what they said was a special wipe that was expensive and said the head was probably just dry.  I took it home and it still dos not print. The cartridge is the original and has not been refilled.  The HP website will not get me to an agent and has no phone number.  the virtual agent can identify my HP printer but because warranty is expired I guess it does not connect to agent.  Do I take it back to store?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@disappointment2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Did you try with a new black ink cartridge?

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - HP Printer Does not Print and Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge.

Also, follow the steps from this document - Troubleshooting Print-Quality Issues

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.